Thursday 26 May 2011

module one continued.





Chapter 1  1a) colour circle showing primary secondary and tertiary colours




design sheet for chapter 3 using printed paper some of which was printed onto text


Chapter 3 .design sheet  based on cross shapes using printed paper  some on text and some on plain paper which had been accidently coloured whilst protecting the table
Add caption
Chapter 3. design sheet  based on star shapes.
my stamp made using a wooden block and soft plastic sheeting bought for  cutting/printing from Harrogate knitting and stitching show.


Chapter 6 photo showing inspiration for stamp design. Greek buildings - decay/repair
Chapter 6. 1. a) working sheet showing the designs used as inspiration for the stamp with photos of Greek doors and windows which have been repeatedly mended producing layers of texure.



Chapter 6
Bonded sample which has been hand stitched in darker thread. Trying to translate stitches which suggest mending/repairing. Next time will try a more precise and continuous stitch for more definition and clearer shapes.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jane. I just started this course last week and of all the blogs I've found you seem to be the nearest to where I'm at so far (just finished my colour wheel!). I'm saving your blog to my reader so I can keep up with how things are going with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angie,

    Lovely to hear from you. Sorry its taken me so long to see your comment!! Had a lapse for holiday season/busy at work etc. Hope you are getting on ok. I am finding it tricky doing this 'home alone' especially when I have had a gap!! But am enjoying it and will keep plodding on with it.
    Recently, reduced my hours at work so am hoping to have more time to focus on this.

    ReplyDelete